Winning strategies for digital inclusion, testing mobile sites and native apps for accessibility, and designing digital assistants for those who need it most are among the the topics for this year’s Inclusive Design 24 conference.
Hosted online, Inclusive Design 24 is a free 24-hour conference that will be held Thursday, September 17, 2020.
The full-day event brings together people around the world who want to share and learn about inclusive design in the products and services we create.
Attending Inclusive Design 24 is an excellent way to:
- Improve your inclusive design and accessibility knowledge
- Discover tools and strategies
- Learn about the challenges of inclusive design
- Connect with others interested in or actively working in the inclusive design field
AccessiblityOZ CEO Gian Wild, front-end developer Max Böck, and Norwegian Health Network Principal Advisor and Competence Manager for Universal Design Sarah Brodwall are three of the 24 presenters who will be speaking at the event.
About Inclusive Design 24
Inclusive Design 24 (ID24) is a 24-hour online event, organized by a team of volunteers who generously invest their time to present one of the best design conferences.
The 24 one-hour long sessions range from beginner to advanced.
Here’s your opportunity to learn from the best and get actionable tips for your next project.
If you’re wary about attending an inclusive design conference for the first time, let me put your worries to rest.
ID24 is a conference that offers something for the
- User experience practitioner
- Project manager
- Content strategist
- Everyone involved in the design of physical or digital services and products
All sessions are livestreamed on YouTube with live captions.
No signup or registration is required. Attend sessions when you can.
And if you missed a session, ID24 organizers will have session recordings available after the event.
Hard to believe this is the seventh year ID24 has offered a full day of one-hour sessions.
I remember the first year it launched!
About the Sessions and Schedule
The conference kicks off September 16, 2020 at 11:45PM UTC with a pre-game show. The first conference session begins at 0:00 UTC on September 17, 2020.
Each session begins at the top of the hour and ends with a Q & A.
Nice touch on the schedule design, which automatically converted the session time to my time zone. I don’t have to convert times!
The ID24 schedule has been posted. I know from past experience, it can change up to the day of the event.
My recommendation: check the schedule a day or two before the event to confirm times for the sessions you want to attend.
Here are a few of the sessions I’m planning on attending:
- Claudio Luís Vera: Everyone here spoke sign language
- Lainey Feingold, Lucy Greco and Stewart Hay: Honey over vinegar: winning strategies for digital inclusion
- Chad Gowler: Simulation exercises through the lens of play
- Eriol Fox: UX research and ethnographic design for humanitarian technology
- Crystal Preston-Watson: Guerilla Accessibility Testing Techniques
I’ve been a fan of ID24 since the first year it launched.
Two reasons I love attending: I always learn something I can immediately put to use in my projects and I enjoy discovering how others are creating inclusive products and services.
I hope you’ll join me September 17, 2020 for ID24.
As usual, I’ll be live tweeting sessions at @redcrew on Twitter.
See you online on September 17, 2020!