When you’re a small business, online reviews can make a big difference to someone looking for your services.
If your business doesn’t have any online reviews, or only has a couple reviews, your potential customer may look elsewhere.
And when it comes to reviews, Google is one of the first places people look.
Did you know your business reviews appear next to your listing in Google Maps and Search?
Why You Want Online Business Reviews
While word-of-mouth is often the best way to bring in new customers, potential clients who don’t know you or your business need additional information about why they should choose you.
Reviews can help your business stand out among the other dozen or more businesses in a Google Search that offer the same services.
Online reviews build:
for potential clients.
Reviews offer social proof to your potential customer, giving them confidence in making the decision to purchase from your business.
When and What to Ask for in a Review
The best time to ask for a review is immediately after you complete work for your customer, when your customer is happy with your work or service.
And while asking for a review in person is always a good idea, sending an email message can make it easier for your customer to add a review on Google.
For your email message:
- Make it personal. Use your customer’s name and keep the tone casual.
- Thank your customer for choosing your business
- Explain why you’re asking for a review
- Keep the message short
- Include key points they can include in their review
- Include instructions on how to leave the review
- Share your thanks to them for taking the time to add a review
Use My Email Message Template to Ask for a Google Review
Here’s the email message I send to my clients.
Hi [client name],
Thank you again for choosing Lireo Designs for your website project. I appreciate your business and enjoyed working with you.
I’m always looking for ways to improve my services and make my customers happy. I’d love to get your feedback on my work on your website.
Much of my work is local. Reviews and word-of-mouth are the top ways people learn about my services.
Could you take a couple minutes to leave a short, honest review of Lireo Designs on Google?
For the review, pick from some of the following points:
- Where the site was before, with issues you wanted to address
- Communication – talking with you to discuss the site, answer your questions, recommendations and options for improving content (image optimization), keeping site secure, backup solution
- What you like most about the new site
- Other benefits of new site
- Would you recommend me to other businesses?
- Any other info you’d like to add
To add the review to Google:
- Visit Lireo Designs reviews link on mobile or desktop
- If you’re not logged into a Google account, you’ll be prompted to login to your Google account
- Add your review
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. Your feedback is appreciated.
Feel free to copy my template and use it for your company.
Update the instructions with the custom link for your business, which you can create using Google’s PlaceID Lookup tool.
What to Do After Customer Submits Review
Once your customer has submitted a review, be sure to thank them.
Google makes it easy. They send you a link whenever a new review is added for your business, which allows you to reply to the review.
Help your business to be found on Google by asking your customers to add an online review.
In addition to adding trust to your business and bringing in new customers, reviews offer you an opportunity to get customer feedback to improve your business and your services.
Shoutout to Kevin Hoffman who shared information on creating a review link that works on both desktop and mobile. Thank you, Kevin!