If you’re a Microsoft Word user and have Acrobat installed, you’re familiar with the Acrobat tab in the Microsoft Word 2007 Ribbon. Ever had the tab go missing? It’s happened to me several times; the tab disappears after Word 2007 crashes.
Here’s the solution that worked for me:
- Open Word
- Select the Microsoft Office button in the upper left corner of the Word window
- Select the Word Options button in the bottom right corner of the menu
- Select Add-Ins from the menu in the left sidebar
- From the Manage dropdown list near the bottom of the page, select Disabled Items and select Go
- Check the list for PDFMakerOfficeAddin
- If it’s listed, select it and select Enable. Close all the dialog boxes and restart Word.
- If it’s not listed, check that PDFMOfficeAddin.dll is in the ‘[drive]:/Program Files/Adobe/Acrobat X.0/PDFMaker/Office’ folder where [drive] is your hard drive and Acrobat X.0 is the version of Acrobat installed on your system. If the file is missing, reinstall Acrobat.