Returning for its seventh year, World Information Architecture (IA) Day Ann Arbor is a free one-day conference featuring presentations, lightning talks, and afternoon workshop on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Hosted by the Information Architecture Institute and organized by School of Information students at the University of Michigan, the Ann Arbor event is one of 56 World IA Day 2018 events being held around the world.
Whether you’re an
- Information architect
- User experience professional
- Community member
you’re invited to attend World IA Day Ann Arbor and learn how information architecture can make a difference in our communities and our lives.
This year’s theme is IA for Good.
Details and Schedule
World IA Day Ann Arbor event is free and open to the public; pre-registration is required.
The event will be held at the Michigan League Ballroom (second floor of the League) at the University of Michigan (map and directions).
Here’s the schedule:
- 8:30am to 9:15am: Registration and coffee/breakfast
- 9:15am to 9:30am: Welcome
- 9:30am to 10:00am: Rhetorical Dishonesty, by Kat King
- 10:00am to 10:50am: Findability and Misinformation, by Peter Morville
- 10:50am to 11:00am: Break
- 11:00am to 11:30am: Dark Patterns, by Nisreen Salka
- 11:30am to noon: Lightning Talks
- Noon to 1:15pm: Lunch on your own
- 1:15pm to 1:45pm: Lightning Talks
- 1:45pm to 2:15pm: Gender and Artificial Intelligence, by Meg Green
- 2:15pm to 2:30pm: Break
- 2:30pm to 4:00pm: Information Architecture Workshop
- 4:00pm to 4:30pm: Closing Remarks
History of World IA Day
Curious about how World IA Day came about?
The first World IA Day was held in 14 cities in February 2012, marking the anniversary of the release of Information Architecture for the World Wide Web, written by Peter Morville and Lou Rosenfeld, known by many in the information architecture field as the
polar bear book.
Glad to see how the event has grown each year!
You can learn about the 2018 World IA Day Global Team and check out info prior past celebrations on the World IA Day About Us page.
With Peter Morville speaking, as well as other local information architecture professionals, you don’t want to miss World IA Day Ann Arbor 2018! Hope to see you there!