Imagine you’re at the auto shop, waiting to pick up your car before you head out to a business meeting on the other side of town.
There are four people in line in front of you.
Your spouse dropped you off this morning on their way to work.
Since you were in a rush this morning to get out the door, you didn’t have time to check the route to the meeting.
What do you do as you wait? If you’re like many people who have a smartphone, you pull out your phone and search for the location.
You’re not alone.
Fifty percent of local mobile searchers are looking for information, like a local address.
In their infographic, Go-Globe points out the importance of local search engine optimization, with a focus on what people search for and their behavior after a search.
Did you know 76 percent of local searches results in a phone call?
Or that 87 percent of smartphone users use a search engine at least once a day?
Making sure your business is found in local search is critical to expanding your customer base and growing your business.
Learn more about local search in this infographic, or if you prefer, read the text version.
Courtesy of Visualistan
The Importance of Local SEO
Local SEO Statistics You Must Know
- The Google 3-pack appears in the top spot in 93 percent of searches with local intent
- 50 percent of consumers who conducted a local search on their smartphone visited a store within a day, and 34 percent who searched on computer/tablet did the same
- 18 percent of local mobile searches lead to a sale within one day
- 87 percent of smartphone owners use a search engine at least once a day
- 60 percent of Americans use smartphones and tablets to search for local product and service information
- 50 percent of local-mobile searchers are looking for business information like a local address
- 78 percent of local-mobile searches result in offline purchases
- 71 percent of people surveyed say they look up and confirm the location of a business before going to it for the first time
- For local listings 68 percent of searchers were found to have used ‘get directions’ or ‘click to call’ in a mobile ad
- 1 in 3 smartphone searches were made right before a store visit
- 89 percent of participants admitted to searching for a local business on their smartphone once a week or more with 58 percent searching at least daily
- 46 percent of all searches on Google are local
- 86 percent look up the location of a business on Google Maps
- 76 percent of local searches results in a phone call
Sources for the infographic: