Last updated January 15, 2019
Getting together in-person to talk about accessibility and learn about inclusive design are great opportunities to meet people in your community, find out about their work, and share your knowledge.
Whether I’m chatting on Twitter or attending a local meetup event, every week I’m asked about local in-person gatherings for digital accessibility and inclusive design.
In the interest of sharing, I’ve created a list of all the in-person groups, originally based on updates from Jennison Asuncion and what I could find online.
Over the years, people in the accessibility community have graciously shared new meetups with me.
The lists are alphabetical region, then alphabetically by city. If you know of other accessibility and inclusive design in-person groups, contact me.
Note: Only groups that have met in the past year are included. The list is updated quarterly (and sometimes more often).
Accessibility and Inclusive Design Groups
- Bangalore, India: Bangalore Accessibility and Inclusive Design Meetup
Australia and New Zealand
- Brisbane, Australia: Brisbane Web Accessibility & Inclusive Design
- Canberra, Australia: Canberra Web Accessibility & Inclusive Design
- Melbourne, Australia: Melbourne Web Accessibility & Inclusive Design
- Perth, Australia: Perth Web Accessibility & Inclusive Design
- Sydney, Australia: Sydney Web Accessibility & Inclusive Design
- Hamilton, Ontario, Canada: a11yHam
- Montréal, Quebec, Canada: a11yMTL
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada: a11yYOW – Ottawa Digital Accessibility and Inclusive Design
- Québec City, Quebec, Canada: a11yQC
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada: #a11yTO
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada: Vancouver Digital Accessibility
- Berlin, Germany: A11y Meetup Berlin
- Helsinki, Finland: Helsinki Web Accessibility Meetup
- London, England: London Accessibility Meetup
- Manchester, England: Open: Events are published on Eventbrite, but no website for the group exists (as of September 24, 2017). Find them on Twitter at @openmcr.
- Stockholm, Sweden: t12t – Stockholm
- Utrecht, Netherlands: Inclusive Design & Accessibility
- Ann Arbor, Michigan: Ann Arbor Web Accessibility
- Atlanta, Georgia: Metro Atl Accessibility Meetup
- Austin, Texas: Austin Accessibility and Inclusive Design
- Boston, Massachusetts: A11yBos
- Buffalo, New York: Buffalo Accessibility Group
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa: Iowa Web Accessibility, UX & Inclusive Design
- Chicago, Illinois: Chicago Web Accessibility and Inclusive Design Meetup
- Cleveland, Ohio: Cleveland Accessibility Meetup
- Denver, Colorado: DenA11y
- Fresno, California: Fresno Web Accessibility
- Los Angeles, California: Los Angeles Accessibility and Inclusive Design
- Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota: Accessibility Twin Cities
- New York City, New York: Accessibility New York City
- Portland, Oregon: Accessibility and User Experience
- Princeton, New Jersey: A11yPrinceton, Princeton Accessibility Meetup
- San Francisco Bay Area, California: Bay Area Accessibility and Inclusive Design Meetup
- San Francisco, California: Bay Area Accessibility Dinners
- Seattle, Washington: Seattle Area Accessibility & Inclusive Design
- Washington, DC: Accessibility DC
- Westminister, Colorado: Front Range Accessibility and Inclusive Design
Roledrinks is a different concept than the other meetups. It’s an opportunity for you to get together with others in your community for drinks with lightning talks about accessibility.
Anyone is welcome to set up their own roledrinks event for their community. Visit their site to learn more about getting started.
Any group I missed? If you know of others, please share them in the comments.