When I heard the news that WordCamp Europe 2019 tickets had sold out, I wasn’t too worried. As in past years, I planned to watch the livestream from the comfort of my favorite chair at home.
I visited the WordCamp Europe 2019 tickets page, expecting to find a livestream ticket option.
But there wasn’t any option. I wondered, did they decide not to do a livestream?
Quickly, I visited the WordCamp Europe Twitter account and discovered there will be a livestream.
— WordCamp Europe (@WCEurope) June 4, 2019
Yay! This year, you don’t have to register or sign up for a livestream ticket.
What You Need to Know
WordCamp Europe 2019 will be held June 20, 2019 through June 22, 2019. The two main conference days are Friday, June 21 and Saturday, June 22.
With three tracks over two days, plan ahead for which sessions you want to watch on the livestream. There’s a slew of different topics, and they don’t stick to one track, so you’ll want to check the schedule carefully.
Here’s more info about the livestream and schedule:
- The WordCamp Europe 2018 livestream is free. WordCamp Europe announced the link will be shared on their website. I’ve asked, but haven’t received a reply on where they will make the announcement.
- Check the times for the sessions you want to attend. WordCamp Europe is in Berlin, Germany, which is on Central European Summer Time. Use the Time Zone Converter to convert time/date from Berlin, Germany to your time zone.
- Each session is 40 minutes long, with 30 minutes for the talk and 10 minutes for questions
- There are two special tracks listed separately in the schedule: WP Cafe and Wellness at WCEU. They look like great sessions on both Friday and Saturday, but I’m not sure if they will be recorded.
- Join the conversation! Discuss WordCamp Europe on Facebook or Twitter with the hashtag #WCEU
We don’t always have the opportunity to attend a WordCamp in person, especially when it’s held on a different continent than the one we live on.
Shoutout to the WordCamp Europe 2019 organizers for providing an easy way to attend this year, no need to register or buy a ticket.
Hope you join me on the livestream to watch your favorite sessions and expand your WordPress knowledge.
I’ll be live tweeting with the hashtag #WCEU during the sessions I attend, follow me on Twitter at @redcrew.