Everyone loves to complain about meetings: they’re a waste of time, nothing is accomplished, and no one remembers what decisions were made.
I’m a fan of meetings, but only if they’re run well with clear objectives and an agenda. This infographic from Column Five Media offers five straightforward tips for running more productive meetings.
I thought their recommendations were spot on. My favorite tip for running a meeting? As you might guess, number three.
- Start your meetings on time
- Know who’s leading the meeting
- Have a clear objective and agenda, defined by the leader
- Shut your laptop, leave your phone at the desk, and solve the problem
- Define next steps, and end early when possible
Source: How to Run a Meeting Like a Boss.