Your mood can impact your work life, how you get your work done, your interactions with others, and the quality of the work you do. Sleep, exercise, staying healthy, and keeping positive can all improve our happiness levels at work.
According to this infographic from Career Savvy, by identifying the positive elements of your work, you create your own mindset and your job will be more enjoyable.
Check out the key takeaways for the infographic.
- Anticipation of a treat can dramatically improve your day. An upcoming vacation can boost happiness for eight weeks. People who thought about watching their favorite movie raised endorphin levels 27 percent.
- Exercise helps you to relax, increase brain power, and improve your body image (even if you don’t lose weight). Three out of five workers said their ability to meet deadlines, mental performance, and time management skills improved on days they exercise.
- Inadequate or poor sleep can cause irritability and stress. An average adult needs eight hours of sleep each night. Reducing your sleep by 1.5 hours for just one night may reduce daytime alertness by up to 32 percent.
- Smile! Smiling makes us feel good. Customer service workers who smile as a result of cultivating positive thoughts improve their attitude and withdraw less.
- Eat healthy. A healthy diet and keeping hydrated throughout your workday can make a big different to your energy levels and attitude.
- Take breaks. By getting up and moving around, you’re allowing your mind to rest and your body to release stress.
- Happy workers have better health. Unhappy employees take 15 extra sick days a year.
- Company promotion. Happy employees are 186 percent more likely to positively promote their company during networking opportunities.