Along with 200 other user experience professionals, I had an amazing time at Midwest UX in Columbus, Ohio this weekend. It was the first year of the conference, and the organizing team did a wonderful job!
Great speakers, outstanding keynotes (Jesse James Garrett of Adaptive Path, Marc Rettig of Fit Associates, Dan Willis of Sapient, and Jared Spool of User Interface Engineering), and an incredible group of attendees. I hope to publish posts later this week with my notes and thoughts on the conference.
For people looking for the presenter slideshows, here’s a partial list which I will be updating as presenters post their slideshows.
Unfortunately, several Midwest UX presenter slideshows don’t turn up on searches for “midwestux” on SlideShare. I’m sure the Midwest UX conference organizers will have a more complete list on their website soon.
- Geoff Alday: Taming the Nine-Headed Stakeholder Monster
- Kim Callery: Creativity through Play
- Dana Chisnell: Beyond frustration: 3 levels of happy design
- Brad Colbow: Mobile Design, Thinking Beyond Apple
- Abby Covert: Where Are Your Greatest Hits? A Guide to Portfolio Creating and Management
- Erik Dahl: Cooking UX with Cultural Leftovers
- Veronica Erb: UX Research in the Real World: Stories from Rwanda
- Bryce Glass: A Model of Reputation
- Jeff Gothelf: Lean UX: Getting out of the deliverables business
- John Wayne Hill, Chris Basham, Wes Michaels: MacGyver Prototyping (PDF)
- Lis Hubert: Agile’s Secret Step: Discovery
- Darren Kall: This Product Sucks! A Sampler of Product Design Issues
- Dan Klyn: The Nature of Information Architecture
- Jen Matson: Adaptive Mobile UX Design
- Chris Merkel: Practical Accessibility
- Jay Morgan: Winning Big in UX: Changing the problem-solving culture in organizations
- Heidi Munc and Derren Hermann: Influencing Business Using a Wall of Knowledge
- Brad Nunnally: From Cancer To Bankruptcy
- Erin Richey: 10 Truths and a Lie: Answers You Need to Understand Web Analytics
- Carol Smith: Little People, Big Challenges: UX with Kids
- Joe Sokohl: Destroy the Box
- Wendy Stengel: The Mystical Power of Descriptive Statistics
- Eric Wiley: Fast Track Mental Models
- Dan Willis: All You Really Need to Know About Users You Learned in High School
- Jason Wishard: Defining the User Experience of Emotion & Content