It’s a shorter list this week since I was out two days attending the .eduGuru Summit conference. Hope you find some web development and design resources that help you with your projects.
- Improving the Accessibility Game Plan: Recording of Karl Groves April 10 webinar on the challenges the accessibility community faces in promoting & discussing accessibility.
- Links to Resources Discussed in “Improving the Accessibility Game Plan” Presentation: Karl Groves provides resources from his Improving the Web Accessibility Game Plan April 10 webinar.
- An Exciting Invitation to Join a Community of Accessibility Professionals!: Deque Systems invites accessibility professionals to join their Accessibility Consultant Engagement Program (ACE).
- Google Issues New Android Accessibility Guidelines: Google released two new resources, a developer guide and accessibility training.
- Web Accessibility Toolbar: Thanks to The Paciello Group for a new update of the toolbar.
- CSS Sprites Revisited: Niels Matthijs discusses the difficulties with CSS sprites, and shares some tips on how to use them with LESS and SASS.
- Useful Links for Learning CSS @Keyframes Animation: Now is a good time to learn about @keyframes since the support is no longer limited to webkit browsers. Firefox has support as of summer 2011 and IE 10 is expected to have support when it’s released.
- The Current State of HTML5 Forms: Wufoo has updated their HTML5 form page; be sure to check out the browser support table for HTML5 input types.
- Quirky HTML Tags: Test your HTML knowledge with this quiz on some of the more obscure HTML elements.
- Open Card Sort Analysis 101: Moving beyond the open card sort, Alan Salmoni shows you how to analyse open card sort data using R, an open source statistics language.
- Once Upon a UI Nightmare: A Story of Customer Dis-Enchantment: Follow along with Alex Stetson as she shares her experiences booking flights on American Airlines and JetBlue. One airline’s user interface made her comment,
I wanted to kill someone.
- A Usability Controversy: Mobile vs. Full Site: My collection of the posts and criticisms of Jakob Nielsen’s article recommending building separate mobile-optimized sites.
- Get WordPress Security Tips from the Sucuri Pros: Free Webinar: Join this free webinar on April 25 to learn tips for keeping your WordPress site secure.
- How To Add Simple and Elegant Footnotes in Your WordPress Blog: If you ever wondered how to add footnotes to your posts, this is the plugin for you.
- Smashing Special: What’s Going On In The WordPress Economy?: Long read, but definitely worth it. Filled with stats and great interviews with WordPress designers, developers and founders.
- How To Build a Donation Form with Gravity Forms: Step-by-step guide to creating a donation form using Gravity Forms and PayPal.
- How to Have Different Sidebar Content On Different Pages of Your WordPress Site: I knew about Widget Logic, but hadn’t heard about the other plugins to control sidebar content.
Have any good resources to share? Feel free to add them in the comments.