Thank you to the Michigan Bed and Breakfast Association for inviting me to speak today about how to keep your website secure and up-to-date.
My webinar focused on steps every website owner can take to safeguard their site, through a combination of:
- Good password, username, and access policies
- Software updates
- Security plugins/services
- Regular backups of the full website, including database and files
As promised, here are the resources, plugins, and other tips I shared in today’s webinar. Hope you find them useful.
Hacked WordPress Sites
Backup Plugins and Services
Security Plugins and Services
Managed WordPress Web Hosts Offering Security Services with Hosting
Videos: Backup and Restore Your WordPress Site
- How to Backup & Restore Your WordPress Site with UpdraftPlus
- Overview of the BackupWordPress plugin Presented by WordPress expert, Morten Rand-Hendriksen. Requires a Lynda.com subscription
Why you need a password manager (Note, many of the applications mentioned in the article are no longer free)
How to Keep Up-to-Date on Features in WordPress
My favorite two places for information about WordPress are:
Maps of Nearby Places
Note: I have not used either of these plugins, they were recommended to me from members of my online WordPress design group.