The Understanding Group Co-Founder Dan Klyn, Tec-Ed CEO Stephanie Rosenbaum, and Usability.org Principal and Founder Kath Straub are among those who will be speaking and training at this year’s Internet User Experience 2015 conference on June 15–17, 2015.
Returning to Ann Arbor, Michigan, Internet User Experience 2015 is a two-day conference held on the campus of the University of Michigan.
The conference offers Internet user experience design training, case studies, business success stories, and real-world examples in presentations, panel debates, keynotes, and demonstrations.
Optional pre-conference full and half-day training tutorials are available on Monday, June 15, 2015 for:
- Research in Practice
- Tips and Tricks to Improve Your Life with Axure
- Optimal User Experience: From Smartphones to Large Displays
Speakers for Internet User Experience 2015 include:
- Heather Bellis, MICROS
- Emily Bowman, Team Detroit
- Chris Farnum, Proquest
- Davin Granroth, Covenant Eyes, Inc.
- Joe Hass, Photon Interactive
- Lori Hawkins, Usability.org
- Lija Hogan, ForeSee
- Bill Holsinger-Robinson, The Understanding Group
- Keith Instone, Freelance Information Architect
- Farris Khan. Analytics Lead at Proquest
- Dan Klyn, The Understanding Group
- John Kosinski, Visteon Corp.
- Brian Krenz, Oracle Retail
- Travis LaFleur, The Understanding Group
- Larry Marine, Intuitive Design
- Dave Mitropoulos-Rundus, Hyundai America Technical Center
- Dante Murphy
- Wayne Neale, Kydak
- Brian Phelps, Hyundai American Technical Center
- Janine Risk, UX Principal Lead
- Stephanie Rosenbaum, CEO, TecEd, Inc.
- Larry Rusinsky, Senior User Researcher
- James Sayer, University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute
- Bruce Shields, ForeSee
- Kevin Lane Skarritt, Flock Marketing
- Kath Straub, Usability.org
- Jason Withrow, Washtenaw Community College
Registration is available online for the two-day conference as well as the pre-conference tutorials. Discounts are offered to members of:
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) and their Special Interest Groups (SIGCHI, SIGGRAPH, etc.)
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES)
- International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)
- Interaction Design Association (IXDA)
- Product Development and Management Association (PDMA)
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Society of Technical Communicators (STC)
- User Experience Professionals Association (UXPA)
Student rates are available for full-time nonworking students. In addition, a group discount is available for companies registering five or more people.
My Experience at Internet User Experience
I attended my first Internet User Experience conference in 2006 when I was a student studying user experience. Later, along with several other local user experience professionals, I was actively involved in volunteering, planning, selecting speakers, and organizing several Internet User Experience (IUE) conferences in the late 2000’s.
One of my favorite times at IUE was the 2008 conference where I met and made friends with people and speakers from Michigan State University, TechSmith, and Covenant Eyes. Check out some of the photos from the 2008 IUE conference taken by Chris Farnum, Dunrie Greiling, and Dan Cooney.
For those who know me well, you won’t be surprised to learn I introduced many of the IUE 2008 attendees to Twitter when I managed a Twitter giveaway contest for one of our speakers, Lisa Brett.
IUE is an excellent event led by Dave Mitropoulos-Rundus, one of the co-founders of Michigan Usability Professionals Association. Dave does a great job of bringing in compelling speakers and experienced trainers to the conference.
I hope you consider attending!