You’ve done your research into Gutenberg, the new WordPress editor that will transform how we create content and beautiful layouts for your WordPress site.
You know that Gutenberg is expected in the upcoming WordPress 5.0 release, and that it’s currently under development.
As one of the more than 5,000 users who have installed the plugin on a test WordPress site, you’ve taken time to work with it.
- You have more room to edit content. The TinyMCE editor options have disappeared (they’re not there!).
- How to create a new block
- How to copy and paste existing content into Gutenberg to see what would happen (each element became its own block)
- It’s frustrating to see the extra markup needed in Text editor mode
- Tables are somewhat easier to create, but there’s still no option to style it (without going into Text editor mode
Where do you go now that you have more questions?
Gutenberg Live Q &A
Get your questions about Gutenberg answered at the free live online Gutenberg Q & A sessions.
Hosted every other week by Joe Casabona and Zac Gordon, the sessions allow you to get your Gutenberg questions answered by experts immediately.
Have a specific question? Ask it.
Wondering what the changes will mean to your existing site? Bring your question.
Why Attend Live Gutenberg Q & A
Both Joe and Zac have written courses about using Gutenberg.
Joe’s course is for users and Zac’s course is for developers. Which means they have a wealth of knowledge about Gutenberg.
Somehow I missed the first session, held Thursday, January 25, 2018.
Thankfully, the session was available on YouTube so I was able to watch the recording.
Great information about what happens with plugin meta boxes with Gutenberg, specifically questions about Advanced Custom Fields and WooCommerce plugins.
And what happens with page builders that people use on their sites. And answers about what features you can expect before Gutenberg launches in WordPress 5.0.
This week’s session features Birgit Pauli-Haack, editor of Gutenberg Times.
Here’s the schedule for their remaining Q & A sessions:
- Wednesday, February 7th at 3pm Eastern Time
- Tuesday, February 20th at 1pm Eastern Time
- Friday, March 2nd at 2pm Eastern Time
- Thursday, March 15th at noon Eastern Time
Thanks to Give, the WordPress donations platform for online giving, for sponsoring the online Q & A sessions are free.