Most people are aware of the need for captions to make videos more accessible.
But few are familiar with the requirement for audio description for videos, which accommodates people who are blind or have low-vision.
Audio description narrates what visually is happening in the video, information that’s not available to someone who can’t see.
Think of a radio sports announcer at a baseball game, describing the ground ball hit to the third baseman who throws the ball to the second baseman for the beginning of a double play.
That’s similar to audio description.
Intro to Audio Description for Videos
In the one-hour webinar, Sofia Leivaf from 3Play Media, will highlight the basics of audio description:
- What is audio description?
- How to add audio description to online video
- Video player compatibility: which players support it
- Legal requirements: accessibility laws and compliance
- How to create and publish it on your own
- Difference between standard and extended audio description
- What tools and features can make it easier to produce audio description
After the presentation, Leiva will take answer questions from webinar attendees.
Who is the Audience for the Webinar?
Anyone looking to make their videos more accessible, and those taking the next step beyond captioning their videos, will find useful information and help from the webinar.
Including audio description with your captioned video will make your video content more accessible; you’ll reach a wider audience.
The free 3Play Media webinar will provide the background and knowledge you need to move forward and add audio descriptions to your videos.
I hope you’ll join me on Thursday, January 17, 2019 and register for the free 3Play Media webinar. I’ll be live tweeting during the webinar!