What caught my attention when I discovered this infographic about small business websites was the very first item:
Around 60 percent of small businesses do not have a website
I admit, the number surprised me.
Any business without a website, where they can promote their services and products, is missing out on prospective customers.
And customers expect a website.
They want to find information about a business, hours, prices, and whether what the company offers is what they’re looking for.
And for companies, a website offers the opportunity to tell their story: what they do, why they do it, and what services and products they offer.
But all is not lost.
According to a recent infographic, 55 percent of small businesses plan to create a website in the next two years.
And those businesses that plan to build their website in the next couple years? They expect a 25 percent or more increase in business in the next three to five years.
Check out the infographic to learn more about small business website statistics and trends. Or, if you prefer to read, check out the text version of the infographic.
Infographic by- Invesp
Nine Things to Know About Small Businesses and Their Websites
- Around 60 percent of small businesses do no have a website
- Top reasons for small businesses not having a dedicated website:
- Too small to have a website: 35 percent
- Do not think it would help their business: 24 percent
- Lack technical expertise to manage website: 21 percent
- Too expensive: 20 percent
- Do not have time to create one: 17 percent
- 55 percent of small businesses intend to create a website within the next two years
- 83 percent of small business owners who already own a website feel they have a competitive advantage over other businesses who don’t have a website
- 80 percent of small business owners who do not have website are yet to register their domain name
- 48 percent of small businesses who plan to create a website expect their business to grow 25 percent or more within next three to five years
- Common functions of small business website:
- Provide general information: 80 percent
- Customer service: 45 percent
- Capture leads: 35 percent
- E-commerce: 30 percent
- Reservation/appointments: 15 percent
- Posting a blog: 13 percent
- 48 percent of small business owners plan to sell goods online within first year of having a website
- 84 percent of small business owners say their website must be mobile friendly