Updated Jul 23, 2015 10:40AM with slides from Angela Bergmann and Andrea Rennick
Last weekend I joined 200 other WordPress users, designers, developers, and marketing people at WordCamp Columbus 2015.
Great speakers and excellent presentations! I had a wonderful time, learned a lot about WordPress, helped one of the attendees with her website, and reconnected with people I haven’t seen since last year’s WordCamp.
I was excited to learn my friend Nancy Seeger picked up one of the last tickets and came in from the Washington DC area to join me. I was glad to see her and catch up; we took a noontime walk at Chadwick Arboretum.
Speakers’ Slideshows and Resources
- Maria Averion: Photo Prep 101 (Dropbox download)
- Angela Bergmann: WordPress SEO 101>
- Caleb Burks: Template Hierarchy
- Ben Cooler: Securing wp-admin for Free: Self-Signed and Free SSL Certificates (Google Doc)
- Topher DeRosia: Custom Database Queries in WordPress
- Jessica Gardner: Vetting Plugins
- Steve Grunwell: 5 Things You Can Do To Become Your Agency’s Favorite Client
- John Hartley: A Web with No Mouse: Why Your Site Needs to Be Accessible
- Shawn Hooper: Introduction to WordPress Hooks – thank you, Shawn, for including helpful resource links
- Shawn Hooper: WP-CLI (WordPress Command Line)
- Phil Hoyt: Working with Custom Post Types, Taxonomies, and Metaboxes (Google Doc)
- Eric Katz: Beef up WordPress Theme Dev with Twig and Gulp
- Kyle Maurer: Looponomics: The WordPress Loop (Google Doc)
- Jason Packer: What to do After a WordPress Hack:
- John Parkinson: TV…WordPress TV
- Joe Querin: WP 201: Custom Post Types and Custom Fields – thanks to Joe for posting code examples
- Joe Querin: Custom Responsive Theme thanks to Joe for posting code examples
- Andrea Rennick: WordCamp Columbus 2015 Keynote
- Andrea Rennick: Support Your Product
- Ian Wilson: If I knew then what I know now: Lessons in Business
If you know of other WordCamp Columbus 2015 slide decks/resources I haven’t listed, add them in the comments and I’ll update the list. Thanks!