Given the two eye tracking events in the Detroit area today (this morning’s demo and tonight’s presentation), I thought you might enjoy the eye tracking 101 infographic created for Crazy Egg by Simple Grain highlighting analysis results and design tips to improve website user experience.
- 69% of users’ time is spent on the left half of a web page
- 58% of logos placed in the top left of a website are remembered more than logos placed in other areas
- Users view a website with an “F/E” shaped viewing pattern
- First two paragraphs on a page should include the most important information
- Big images and positive space attract users’ eyes first
Click image to see a larger version101 on Eye Tracking: How Your Eyes Move on a Website Infographic via Single Grain